Friday, September 25, 2009

CHANGE

I'm changing. I'm sorry for the absence.

Steph's closet was just a name I put together when creating the flier for the first Steph's selling vintage clothes at the apartment in COLMA.  My intention was never to tie my name to my business.  It's something that I always knew would be temporary.  

I never really knew how much this would grow, how Steph's closet would grow.  It's amazing.  I had to convince myself that it was something I really really wanted to do.   For some reason I wasn't convinced.  I never showed that I didn't fully believe in my idea.  I just had to prove it to  myself that this was my freedom.  My dream - what I wanted to do.  After I got laid off, I was able to find it in myself to just DO IT!!!  

The idea was simple.  Creating the business was simple.  Putting it together was simple.  And the name was simple - it was mine.  I was encouraged and supported by the people I love and found it in myself to create a business, an identity.  

I've created an identity with STEPH's CLOSET.  But my vision is bigger.  I've been working, learning, growing everyday!!!  I've found direction.  And I'm creating something inspired from the pit of my soul.  STEPH's closet will still exist in its own entity.  I will still throw events, sell clothes, welcome people to shop directly from me - BUT I have a new baby that I'm working on.  Walk thru the journey with me as I create a entity that shows ME.  I'm on a journey. 

It's amazing EVERYDAY.  I've neglected to blog.  For no particular reason.  BUT I have committed to consistency - to write and write and write.  Then I could share myself completely.   
The Great ESCAPE event at GRAVITY was AMAZING!  The turnout was fabulous! I was able to expand my network and meet new people!  Thank you to everyone who supported the event.  FUNemployment is opportunity.  The next GRAVITY event is on 10/14/09!  I can't wait!

I'm working on a BIZARRE look book.  It's going to be NUTS! 

Be apart of my reality.  More to come...