Friday, May 13, 2011

LettingGo

I was homeless for a week. Been broken because of bad energy. And have been fighting to get through the past month. I fell off the grid, lost my face, and am now in the process of finding and re-inventing myself. And to top it off, I'm grieving because of losing two things - the house I grew up in and the piano that I've had since I was 5. I'm not one to care for material things, despite what I may portray. But, my connection with the two is strong like rock - still. I've been broken for six months inside, fighting everyday to be strong.  But, I've accepted and believe that life is amazing and can be quite a fight, making today okay. 

I cherish the time I spent in Pacifica and reflect every morning about my experiences there in life. And am grateful for having had such a home, filled with life, love, and warmth. 

But to be honest, I'm still shaken from losing my piano. I believe it saved my life. As a child I was bouncing off the walls and full of energy - more energy than normal. At 5, I was diagnosed with Hyper Thyroid and had to be medicated and monitored, a horrible lifestyle.  My piano saved me, literally. Playing it helped me express myself and channel energy I didn't know how to control.  I would feel frustrated because I didn't know what to do with myself and what I would feel inside -I was a firecracker that would explode.  But, playing forced me to know discipline. It encouraged me to experiment with musicality artistically and enabled me to use my hands to express and channel the energy running through my blood and body.  I learned control and was able to manifest sanity and understand peace of mind. It was music therapy....
...and now I'm without it.

I always reflect and make of lists of things to LET GO of. It's helped me grow. I made another one. I will burn it today to help me push forward. And PIANO is on the top of the list. I record myself -experiences, feelings often. I recorded the last day I played the piano. Watching it is bittersweet. 

Sometimes you just have to let go.
“Some of us think holding on makes us strong, but sometimes it is letting go.” — Herman Hesse