Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Bone Thugs and Harmony

In 1995, the same year I made my first phone call to a boy I liked, I became a pro at recording music off the radio. I'd take a blank tape from my dad's collection, jam it in my stereo, change the channel to KMEL, and wait, listening to each song until it was time to press record.  I was anxious every time I'd sit there, staring at the stereo, hoping I'd catch the beginning of the song I wanted. And I'd get them all: Freak Like Me, Waterfalls, Gangsta's Paradise, One More Chance/Stay With Me, Shy guy, and MORE. But one of the infamous songs, was Crossroads.  I was on Bone Thugs like white on rice, in a trance from their chants and swag.  CMC was on after school everyday and I'd wait for the video to come on.  I would study the lyrics and know them like the back of my hand. And this past week, I've been living in Bone Thugs and Harmony World, a surreal space in my world that has taken me once again, on an amazing journey. The experience was interesting and I'm blessed to have gotten to know them and their team.

We (Paragon Lux Entertainment) were able to work with Studio 92, based out of Hayward, Bone Thugs direct, and Krayzie Bone's Label - The Life Entertainment, their artists.  Thank you Trung Tran at Club Recess for hosting Friday night's party and for Duc and Mike Yee of Horizon for hosting Saturday Night.  


Billy Billz and Sin Marlee
Duke Terrell
Paragon Lux with Marley's Treats
Krayzie Bone
Wish Bone