Monday, April 27, 2009

Getting ready for my Monday night....

I’ve heard stories about how one of my favorite toys at 3 years old was a cash register. I recall play days with my younger brother where I’d make him play STORE. I made paper money, put up items to sell, and forced him to buy it. I’d have bags and tags, accessories and toys, books and clothes. I worked in retail the first chance I got. Copeland’s Sports, Hat Club, Hollister, Baby/Kids GAP, Adult GAP, Nordstrom, BEBE – been there AND done that. An interest in retail anD sales came early to me in a natural way…

…AND now, here I am preparing for my THIRD SALE - my own extravaganza with a twist – a Stylish Vintage SALE. It’s pretty radical – a total transformation of a room in an apartment, adding to and effecting the sole purpose of a room. I have a store/boutique/online store/stockroom right under my nose – literally, under my nose, at the tip of my fingertips in Colma, CA. It’s pretty radical. It’s hard work to get all this right …

I’ve made new friends too! Hangers are the newest, and the best. They save my life – and my room from being a mess. Thank God for the dollar store. Friend #2 - Rolling rack(s) from TARGET – I’ve gone through a handful. I keep breaking them because I don’t know when enough’s enough – typical Steph. I hang pounds of clothes on them and they break. I’ve been dinged in the head, smacked in the face, and suffocated by the clothes hung on one that broke. Unbelievable! Third friend – Mr. Steamer – so HOT, yet SO cold to me. Burns me and breaks my hard. It’s a love/hate relationship with this one. Next one, is Mr. Price GUN. I’ve been poked with the needle multiple times. Luckily my calloused hands can bare the pain. I wouldn’t be where I am today without these new friends, lol.

I’ve pulled out majority of the clothes to get ready for SUNDAY. But tonight’s going to be a long night.

Stay tuned for an update BLOG and WEBSITE. Hopefully my new friends will cooperate….Blogging helps me mentally prepare for a long night of work…