Thursday, December 3, 2009

...a NEW look for STEPH's Closet...

I literally grab whatever I see in the morning and put it on - with no concept of matching in mind AT all. Sometimes I look at my outfit and ask myself "the hell am I wearing?"...but then I continue out of the house and go on with my day. It's just my nature.

Vintage Clothing can be overwhelming - especially to some people who have never considered wearing USED clothes. I felt the same way until I embraced the clothes. It's like playing DRESS UP everyday with my clothes. I can never get over it.

I've found it the most successful when I help style clients who are looking for new gear - not that anyone needs major help or anything :) Guidance may help open up their eyes a bit. What I see in a piece could be totally different than what others see. Vintage clothes can be terrifying to wear for some. My job is to make it easier. I LOVE it and we get to PLAY. This is what it's all about - PLAYING!

I play everyday. This NEW look for STEPH's closet is to tie my face to the clothes. I've never really wanted to. BUT, I can show that my clothes - off the walls or not - could be EVERYDAY unique outfits - one of a KIND, exclusive pieces that can create AMAZING styles.

CHECK IT OUT

OUTFIT #1 - December 1, 2009: Polka Dot Jump SUITER, Jean Jacket, SCARF, STUSSY hat
DESTINATION: going to SAN JOSE to record a POEM my Tahitian dance group is going to be dancing to